Visit us in Corning, NY!
Though puredesignonline.com has been around for several years, our brick-and-mortar location did not open until September 1st, 2006. Why Corning, you ask? Well, because this little western New York State city is not only just a hop-skip-and-jump away from the Finger Lakes Wine Region, but also because Corning is repeatedly voted as one of the Top-10 Small Cities for the Arts in the United States! With a long history in the glass-making industry and a flourishing downtown area called the Gaffer District, Corning is one of the top tourist destinations in all of New York.
Our store "Grand Re-Opening" was July 26th, 2007. With help from Corning's Market Street Restoration Association and a New York Main Street Grant, Pure Design was able to grandly re-open in style! Our bright space is on the sunny side of Market Street and enjoys a pressed tin ceiling, hardwood flooring, and a completely reconstructed first floor facade.
If you're planning a trip to the Corning/Elmira/Ithaca area, stop and see us! Or maybe try to vacation during one of these great local events in 2020:
- Cabin Fever - Friday, Mar. 6th, 5-8pm
- #exploreCorning - Mar. 6th - 14th, 10am-7pm
- Glassfest - Thursday, May 21st - Sunday, May 24th
- Taste of Summer - Thursday, July 30th, 5-9pm
- Bites on Bridge Street - Tuesday, Aug 18th, 12-3 pm
- Harvest - Saturday, September 19th, 12-6pm
- Wineglass Marathon Weekend - Friday, Oct 2nd - Sunday, Oct 4th
- Days of Incandescence - Thursday, Oct 22 - Saturday, Oct 31st
- Small Business Saturday - Saturday, Nov. 28th, 9 am-9 pm
- Tree Lighting & Parade of Lights - Saturday, Nov. 28th, 7:30-9pm
- 43rd Annual Sparkle of Christmas - Saturday, Dec. 5th, 5-9pm
More event information on the Gaffer District Events page.
When you come to the Gaffer District, you can